Thursday, January 24, 2019

Pixie & The Goblin.......!!!

So there was this Pixie who used to love to sleep sleep and sleep....and led every day not very different from the other ....and to be honest the Pixie didn't even know she was one.....
Till one fine day a Goblin appeared in her dreams and asked the Pixie....Do you know you are a Pixie?!!
Pixie gave a surprised look and asked.....and what the hell does that mean??!!
Goblin gave a wicked laughter and said it means my dear you have magical powers....but alas!!!
Pixie....now even more surprised.....asked. ..Why alas...??!!
Goblin smiled that know it all smile and said....because you didn't know you had magical powers...... and now that you know you don't have too much time to enjoy exercising your powers....
Pixie ... Huh....what....How much time I have....and what exactly do you mean by magical powers....even if I know now....how the hell do I exercise my powers.....
Goblin guffawed and said.....my dear they are your individual unique powers....you need to learn to exercise them yourself.....no one can tell you how.....
Pixie (annoyed now)....rolling her eyes asked. ...ok and what if I dont learn to ever........ in that limited time limit of yours....
Goblin now winked and said....ok I have a deal!!
Pixie (more annoyed now) ...And that is?!
Goblin....you make a wish list....and keep adding things to the wish list....the longer the wish list the more the time you get....
Pixie (giving up now) .....I don't think I have any wish list......And even if I make one....who the hell is going to fulfil them.....and how.....
Goblin again with his wicked wink....I just told you that you are a Pixie....with magical powers.....remember!!
Pixie.....you mean I will make a wish list....and I will only fulfil them....what if I am not interested.....I don't want any magical powers....I am happy being ordinary I guess....
Goblin.....you will surprise yourself....especially now that I have established the time limit....you just start with the list....and you will see how many wishes you have....they will just add on.. 
Pixie.....great!!!... so I will keep making wishes u mean which will remain unfulfilled?!
Goblin (thinking) .....That's the only way to buy time.....remember you are a rare Pixie and you need to believe in it....and who knows if you make an interesting wish some day....(he winked again)....may be I will help you fulfil it....

And with that the Goblin disappeared....

Pixie kept wondering....what were those magical powers Goblin was talking about....and what was that time limit for....what will happen if her time exhausts Goblin didn't tell her. ....But it didn't seem like it will be a good thing....she looked at the sleeping dwarf and the little elfin and she fell for the deal....she decided to buy time....and she started making her wish list.....she kept adding things to the wish list....just as the Goblin had said....but the Goblin never appeared again...days months and seasons passed....she kept adding to the list but Goblin didn't appear.......slowly she discovered that Goblin was probably right....she started liking her wish list with time....she even had started tick marking against few wishes in her list.... fulfilling them on her own.....magically may be...although she still couldn't discover her Pixie specific magical powers...... She still felt ordinary most of the times.....but the Goblin had said....that she was a rare Pixie..for a while the Pixie had even started looking for some kind of external endorsement on the rarity factor......but with time the Pixie started to learn to believe it herself.....And she loved to believe in that.....it just felt nice to live with that belief......whether she discovered her powers or not it didn't matter to her anymore........she was different.....if not magically....but otherwise........and she had started to probably love and live with the difference.......and that way two years passed since the Goblin had last appeared.....

One fine day wishfully the Pixie made a wish list again and added some wishes which she thought were definitely difficult to fulfil this time......but then that was the Goblin's deal for buying time wasn't it......thats what he had said....And after making the wish list when she slept... ....Goblin appeared again.....much to the Pixie's surprise........What did you come to tell me now.....Pixie asked......Is my time over or what.......And the Goblin answered with a calm smile......No my dear.....I came to fulfil your wish list this time....should I fulfil them!!.....And the Pixie as usual was again lost in her confusion.....she didn't know whether to answer in affirmative or not......it was her Wishlist after all.....she had herself made it.....just that she had not really believed that the Goblin will ever really appear to fulfil it!!

And the Pixie smiled and played the Goblin's trick this time...... and left the decision to the Goblin.....!!

No comments: