Wednesday, January 30, 2019

My Best Time in the day!!

So as the title of the post goes let me describe the most favorite part of my day.....daily.....my so called "me time".....

So the alarm goes off.....and everyday....mind you every day I wake up to think how can it be 7 am this soon.....for dear God's sake it's still dark.....and especially now that it's "winters" in Mumbai....well the pain of waking up when the alarm goes off is even more.... Especially with me..... who does not and never belonged to the early riser category..... I have always timed my alarm right from school such that there is just enough time for every thing to finish and reach at the destination just at the knick...whether it be school, exams, college, interviews or job.....alarm always set to 10 min before (for the solace that there is 10 min left still) I really really need to be out of bed or else the purpose is lost!!

So, cutting out the painful part.....the best part of my day begins from the point I get out of the lift and walk down to catch my bus to office. I just love that fog and the slight shiver in the chilly wind.....every day without fail it just takes me to BITS and reminds me of my walk from my hostel to insti in that chill weather in winters when your face and hands used to hurt....it used to be that cold!! Everyday I feel like clicking a pic of the misty fog and everyday I feel sad for not being able to capture the perfect fog in my phone camera... I am not joking.....I really try everyday.....And I just love to walk to my bus smelling the fog.... Yes I know that it has no smell.....but still!!

And then starts the bus ride, as mine is the first stop I never fail to get the window seat.....I just choose the same seat everyday....in the same bus....and push the curtains for the sunlight to come in.....because I like it bright and lighted. ......dont like the dingy darkness (because of which my fellow passenger beside me curses me daily I am sure) .....

And after that once I am settled comfortably starts my 1.5 hrs of me time.....purely mine......I am so much in love with the bus ride and my me time that I swear to God that I really fret when someone known comes into the bus on few unfortunate days and wants to strike a conversation with me......

And the same bus ride and walk to my building in the evening....repeat telecast of the morning bliss!! 

These 3.5 hrs that I get in the day all to myself.....are the best time of the day for me.....which probably help in maintaining my sanity......listen to music ( FM 104.8.....I salute you) , sleep, read, write, be lost in thoughts.....pure bliss!!Many people have time and again advised me to move closer to office and I have just not been able to explain to them why is that I don't consider that as any benefit to me.....I just am so much in love with my daily dose of me time :)!! It's true that spending this much time on road does cut my time at home (which I do feel guilty off) but I have always liked a hectic day.....the feel of insufficiency of 24 hrs in the day has always been loved by me. .....the more the leisure the more the discomfort!! So, that's why cheers to my so called "me time" of the day.....it just can't be compensated!!

No comments: